Working Together to Support Expanded Learning
The bell rings, signaling the start of afterschool for a half million children in the Central Valley. For too many this time is unsupervised, marked by the risks associated with boredom and unstructured time.
The risky behaviors: bullying, drugs, gangs, alcohol, sexual activity, pornography, crime, suicide, and other self-destructive activities. […]
The Executive Director (ED) reports to the Board of Directors, and has the overall strategic and operational responsibility for effectively executing the mission of the Central Valley Afterschool Foundation (CVAF).
Leadership & Management (approximately 40% of position focus):
- Board: Actively engage and energize CVAF Board members. Serve as ex-officio of each committee.
- Partner relationships: Develop and maintain healthy partnerships with other organizations, stakeholders and funders.
- Fund development: Lead and grow revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion. Leverage professional contacts and resources to develop new opportunities.
- Grants and contracts: Develop proposals and oversee implementation of grants awarded. Coordinate and manage all CVAF subcontractors.
- Work plan and budget: Work with the Board to develop, implement and manage CVAF work plan and organization budget.
- Public relations: Speak on behalf of CVAF, acting as public relations representative. Oversee marketing and communications efforts. Enhance CVAF image by engaging with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Advocacy: Articulate to policy makers and other stakeholders the crucial role of afterschool programs; ensure research supporting afterschool programs is known and understood.
Programmatic (approximately 60% of position focus):
- Program development: In conjunction with the Board, stakeholders and funders, develop and plan Board-approved projects. Implement programs, ensuring objectives are met.
- Technical assistance: Provide technical assistance and training for CVAF contracts. Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of […]